Marlborough Mountain Bike Club Super D races are a great introduction to Enduro and Downhill style mountain bike racing. The emphasis for these events is give it a go and have fun! There are no prizes or awards on offer and we would LOVE to see if you are new to the area or just want to give timed runs a bit of a try.. no racing experience necessary!
MARCH 2018 super d SERIES
This is a fun, all inclusive, casual series and we need volunteers to help. If you are able to help, please touch base with a Club representative at Registration on the day
We are running 3 events:
- Tuesday March 6
- Tuesday March 13
- Tuesday March 20 - Meeting place Lower Pond at bottom of Pamploma.
SAME AS LAST WEEK
The race format is timed runs with set intervals between riders. The majority of the track is downhill with some flat and maybe a little climb to test the legs and lungs. As many runs as you can manage in the allocated time period. Only downhill runs (and not the climb back up!) are timed. Approx 2-5min runs.
The focus for the Super D events is FUN! We understand that there will be lots of friendly rivalries between mates but we try really hard to make this inclusive for all riders of all abilities. Spot someone new? Introduce yourself and ride up the hill together!
This event has no prizes and there are no "results" published - only the fastest lap time on the day for each rider! The focus is on improving your own individual lap time on each run down the hill.
This is a "drop in"event. We have plenty of riders turning up at 5:30 to fit in as many laps as they can - but you are welcome to register at any time between 5:30 and when we allow the last rider to climb up the hill! (This will be 7:00 - 7:30 depending on the track and the weather)
- All participants will need to register, provide emergency contact information and sign a waiver. Read through the waiver HERE if you want to take a look in advance.
- Cost is $2 per person on the day. All proceeds go towards trail maintenance in the MTB Park.
- PLEASE BRING YOUR MEMBERS CLUB RACE PLATE IF YOU HAVE ONE
UNDER 18 RIDERS
This event is open to all ages, however in terms of skill level needed - participants need to be able to comfortably ride the Pamplona trail at a decent lick unassisted.
- All riders under 18 will need to provide a waiver signed from a parent or legal guardian. This can be done at registration on the day.
- If your child will be attending on their own, please print and sign THIS WAIVER HERE and send it along with them to the event. We have worded this waiver to cover the series of three events, and you will only need to do this once.
- In the event of bad weather we may have to cancel or postpone an event.
- Cancellations will be announced on our FACEBOOK PAGE by 3:00pm on the day of racing. You will need to monitor the page if the weather is looking dodgy! You do not need a Facebook account to check the Page Status